The Nebraska Omnium Weekend
Results from all the events including omnium and flyover points are on the Results link. Check MyLaps in a couple days for detailed lap by lap times etc.
A weekend of exciting bike racing with three great courses.
$7095 in prize money plus merchandise.
Raffles for wheels and a trainer.
The Sid Dillon Time Trial-Ashland
The Ashland Criterium
The Sid Dillon State Championship Road Race-South Bend
update wed june 3: we are pleased to announce an increase in the Women catagory 1/2/3 prize list to match those of the Men P/1/2. This increases the total prize list from 6000 to 7095. We are excited to have a strong field of competitive women.
Update (Friday May 29th):
1. Please note that the time trial is at 25th and Furnas Street in Ashland, not on Church Road as listed in an earlier version. Paving on the tt course was completed last week. Remember that registration is only on-line for the time trial; the deadline is 6 pm central Friday June 5th.
2. Masters: your crit starts at 130 not 2 pm. That is so we can run two separate juniors races right after the masters group.
3. There is road construction in Ashland, but it will not affect us. In the very unlikely event that you are coming to Ashland from Highway 66 from the north just follow the detour signs.
4. There were a couple typos in the Omnium payout schedule. 1st place in P12 is 150 not 130 and for cat 4 is 80 not 70.
5. Check out Mike Dixon's drone cam from last year. Click here.
6. FYI just like last year the road race will have the full width of the road for the last 500 meters.
For pictures of last years events go to the Team Kaos facebook page here:
The weekend is presented by:
Sid Dillon Chevrolet Fremont & Blair and
Dillon Brothers Harley Davidson & MotorSports
- Saturday morning: June 6th Sid Dillon Chevrolet/Dillon Brothers Harley Davidson & MotorSports Time Trial. Experience the rolling Nebraska roads near Ashland, Nebraska (midway between Omaha and Lincoln) on a 14 mile course on Ashland Road; same place as last year except with brand new asphalt. Racers are restricted to road bikes with no aero equipment to help with car pooling for out of state riders. But this year we are adding men's and women's categories for TT bikes, although they will not be awarded any omnium points. We even put in a category for tandems. Check the link at the left for details and a course profile. Note that for the time trial you must register on-line by Friday 6 pm, so that we can publish the start times by 10 pm. There is no day-of-event registration for the time trial.
- Saturday Afternoon: June 6th: The third annual Ashland Criterium, Ashland, Nebraska. Located between Omaha and Lincoln, Ashland will again be hosting a race through city streets near the swimming pool. (Bring the kids). Racers like the course because it provides a good mix of fast corners, rolling hills, and an uphill finish.
- Sunday Afternoon June 7th: Sid Dillon Chevrolet/Dillon Brothers Harley Davidson & MotorSports State Championship Road Race. This is one of the best road courses in the Flyover series-- Plenty of hills, smooth roads and an uphill finish.
Omnium points are awarded in each event (except the TT bikes and tandems), with points awarded for 1st, 2nd, etc. in each category. There is an additional prize list of $1130 for the omnium. There will two random drawings: 1. a set of Williams System 30 wheels. All racers are eligible. 2. a new Cascade indoor trainer. Only category 5 men, category 4 women or juniors are eligible. Both drawings will occur at the Road Race and you must be present to win.
This is stage 4 of the Midwest Flyover omnium series, with a total series payout of $30,000!!. Go to www.midwestflyover.com for info on the race series.